Thursday, November 1, 2012

Eating my Words

Photobucket
An exquisite taste for Halloween treats, D goes straight for the Godiva at the mall!

Back in my non-stretchmark bearing belly (aka: no-kids) days, I wandered into the local mall.  It was October, and I'll be damned if I can tell you what the Hell I was doing at the mall that day, but it must've been something very important for me to wander away from my usual "online shopping" style.

The sounds of the mall were boring and normal:  a water fountain in the distance, the sound of mumbling side conversations, and the yell of a kid or two in the distance.  Boring.  Then, at some point I must've went temporarily deaf.  I didn't hear it?  Did you?  There wasn't a horn blown to start any race, yet with the swiftness of a gun going off, moms came out from every corner with their children.  The halls became littered with princesses, fairies, superheroes, ladybugs, and bears!  I could barely walk without being run over by a stroller.

Like a grumpy old lady, I started mumbling under my breath.

"Remind me NEVER to go to the mall around Halloween time again!"

I wonder if those words would taste better with a little salt or ranch dressing, now that I have to EAT THEM! - Shirley

**My last Halloween post for the year, I promise.  Man - I was really into it this year!  I mean - I EVEN WENT TO THE MALL!
Photobucket
On their way to the mall.  Tater actually allows me to take a non-blurry pic with his hood on.  Rare!
Photobucket
By the time we got there only the food court had candy left.  Even the CANDY stores were out of treats???!
Photobucket
Tiny Godzilla destroys Tokyo the mall.
Photobucket
Happy to watch Captain Jack Spare Ribs!  But looking the wrong way!
Photobucket
At home, waiting for Trick or Treaters!
Photobucket
After each time a Trick or Treater came, D said "Trick or Treat!" to me and expected to get his own piece.  So stinkin' cute!
Photobucket
Why do mamas always get the blurry pics?  Cave woman and her little dinosaurs!

I hope you had a happy Halloween! Let's get ready for Turkey Tryptophan now!

0 comments: