Friday, September 16, 2011

This is the Place for Me! Week 6

Look to the skies this week!  Our roof is starting to take shape and I learned that I get to keep my beloved wood-beamed ceilings after all!  Score for Shirley!


Give a little, get a little?

This is the second week of living without a kitchen, but while sacrificing every-day commodities I still feel like I had a major unexpected win this week.  I fought hard initially to be able to keep the wood beamed ceilings that make up the back portion of the house because I'm in love with the idea of a rustic-style house.  Sadly since this is a remodel project "on a dime" I had to let that dream go from the beginning.  The original decision was made to cover up the existing beamed ceilings.  Boo!

But due to an architectural finding this week, my luck has changed.  With my quick thinking and strong sucking up negotiating skills, I sold my hubby (using a crafty idea) on how we could keep the original beams exposed, save some dough, AND address the architectural issue they found all at the same time.  I know, I know, I'm awesome...

So now that the beams are back in, you better believe I've been on Pinterest even more pinning away at rustic-style decor for my little humble house with the wood-beamed ceilings. 

It's fun decorating the house in my mind, but not so fun actually living in the house.  Check out how we've been dealing with actually living in it below:



0 comments: