Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Self-Spoiling

Photobucket



Remember when I said that if you didn't get what you really wanted for Christmas, you should really think about getting it for yourself?  Well - I did just that!  Twice!  I'm using the fact that these items will help me with my New Years resolutions as an additional excuse to buy them.

I got my new lens AND a nifty camera bag (both were on my Christmas wishlist).  I'm already taking full advantage of the lens.  It's an 18-55mm.  I already had an 18-135mm, with basically the same capability.  You may wonder why I felt that I needed another lens if I already had one within the same range.  There are actually a few reasons:

New bag and lens (middle lens)


  1. It's lighter, over half as heavy as my first lens.  I loved my first lens, but lugging it around to take pictures was taxing after awhile. Therefore this new lens gives me no excuse to take it along and take more pictures and video.
  2. It's less bulky, again almost half the size as my first lens.  See excuse for #1
  3. It has 9in macro capability - aka:  I can take self pictures like the one below because my long a$$ arms clear the 9in space requirement.  My old lens had a much longer macro limitation causing non-blurry self portraits to be virtually impossible without a remote shutter.
And the bag?  Well one of my resolutions was to be more outgoing.  'Nuff said.  This sling bag has a cool pocket for easy access to the camera without even needing to take the bag off my body.  It also has many pockets for "lenses" and a back pocket for an Ipad, but I will be converting the use of these pockets to hold diapers, wipes, and formula.   It's going to double as an incognito mom bag.  LOL

Spoiled and giddy with my new toys- Shirley

3 comments:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have every reason to be giddy over these new toys and you definitely deserve them for all of your hard work. I can't wait to see all the pictures you take as you become more outgoing. :)

-Sara-

Jessica Jollyjess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First of all I love your hair in the picture.

Secondly, Good for you, you deserve it.

btw my blog still refuses to post your comments, ugh! I get them in my email but nothing on the blog. I'm tackling a lot of problems on the blog and one of which is to make it more phone-friendly, so hopefully it will fix that problem.

SimplyShirley08 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Jessica Jollyjess Thanks! My hair is always hit-or-miss on whether it's going to cooperate with me :) That's weird about your blog. It doesn't like my phone :(