Monday, November 22, 2010

10-months! 2 more for a Year!


Dear Diego,

Yesterday, you turned 10 months, and instead of basking in all the splendor that is your tenth month, I realized that I am proceeding to write you off as a 12-month old already. It's true. And it makes sense because I've always expressed being more partial to toddlers than babies. Now when I shop, I'm buying you clothes and shoes for a year-old baby. It probably doesn't help that you ACTUALLY fit them. I'm anticipating the days when you will no longer need to drink formula, and your shoes will require substantial soles (none of this soft-sole, aka slipper, business), and you will be able to chomp on a fortune cookie without choking and sending your momma onto the crazy bus, like you did the other night. So, I thought I'd take this moment to remember that which is my little Diego at 10-months of life:

FAVORITE FOOD:
Just about anything, but since Daddy fed you Pannetone, nothing else is quite the same!

FAVORITE TOY:
Out of all the toys you have, you prefer my plastic coat hangers, and small thin items you can hold in your hand like a wand (e.g., my mascara bottle, your baby spoons, safe kitchen utensils)


THE LAST THING YOU DID TO MAKE ME LAUGH:
Did this funny marching soldier move while your paternal grandfather was helping you learn to walk.
Photobucket


THE LAST THING YOU DID TO MAKE ME SMILE:
Burying your face in my shoulders or chest and acting like you're giving me a big hug. It's usually quickly followed up with a bite, so my smile is short-lived.


THE LAST THING YOU DID TO FRUSTRATE ME:
You've started swatting at your food spoon when you're not hungry, causing your food to fly all over the place. Plus it's rude. But I'm pretty sure you don't understand the concept of rude, so I forgive you, for now.


FAVORITE BOOK:
Those baby books with fake animal fur textures. You really love feeling and scratching things with your pointer finger.


EARLY TO BED?
Around 9 pm


EARLY TO RISE?
6 am on the dot (you're like a clock, and it kills me! Especially on Saturdays!)


FAVORITE SAYING:
"Da-da" (this should really be categorized under 'The last thing you did to frustrate me')


THINGS YOU ARE CURRENTLY LEARNING:



  • To stand up unsupported for 10 seconds

  • The concept of “No!” – You frown when grandpa says it, and you give attitude when anyone else says it. Hey, I just said you’re learning the concept, actually obeying it is still months out. Maybe never knowing my luck.

  • To climb on the outside of your wheeled walker until both feet are no longer touching the floor – momma does not condone this behavior!



  • That drawers pull open and have treasures inside

  • Falling asleep on your own – this is still premature but you did it the other day out of pure exhaustion. 15 minutes of trying to rip apart a plastic bag (supervised by momma) and rolling around (practically doing mostly-unconscious cartwheels in the bed) and you finally found the perfect position and dozed off. It’s worse than when the dog twirls in a circle before he lays in his bed!


Now please excuse me. I need to go return the boots I JUST bought you that were clearly marked as 6-12 mos, and find something similar for 12-18 months! Damn you've got some BIG feet!


Luv,


Momma

0 comments: