Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Diego's Gift


I've had the whole week after Christmas off, and while I could have posted this sooner, I've just been enjoying the Baby and Me time. I've also been spending most of my time making sure my newly-walking bundle of love doesn't end up looking like his mother abuses him when I bring him back to the baby sitter next week!

Well, just like I knew deep down inside the house was not 100% ready by the time Christmas hit us. To be a bit specific, we still did not have our bed frame, Diego's crib, our couch, and one of our larger pieces of furniture for the living room. After accepting this fact, I was able to move on and enjoy Diego's first Christmas.

When I first found out that I was having a boy, although I was happy just to be pregnant I was still bummed because everybody knows that girl clothes are cuter. However, I've realized that it brings me great joy to dress Diego like an old man. There's just something about argyle, and it was definitely going to be part of his Christmas outfit.

My extended family came to my sister's house (our old house as of a few weeks) on Christmas Eve night along with 8 dogs. I was very happy because my golden Qori, did not go "Cujo" on any of the other dogs. I call that progress! We ate a HUGE meal, conversed, reminisced by watching the movie "The Labrynth" (did you know the the girl in that movie was Jennifer Connelly? I had no idea back then; she was just the girl from The Labrynth to me!) and when the clock struck midnight we danced to Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad", then proceeded to open presents. Diego was not awake at midnight to open his own presents. He was probably tired from flirting with the 2 year old blondie girl. It was waaaaay past his bedtime. But he definitely scored the most gifts, next to the blondie girl.






Although we celebrated our Christmas "Latin-style". A lone gift was found in Diego's diaper bag on Christmas morning, forcing us to also celebrate American-style. My boy had the biggest smile to see a remote control literally starring back at him when he opened his present. (It was a toy remote with huge eyes that blink at the top).

All-in-all it was a great Christmas. A perfect Christmas with my perfect boy, husband, dog, and family. What more gift could I ask for? Diego knew.... his gift to me that night was that he started officially walking with confidence. I guess it's official.... I have a toddler!




[Diego's "other" gift under the tree for everyone.... His dirty diaper!!!! :)~ ]

0 comments: