Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter Style?



It's hard to believe that a few weeks back in November, the weather was still hot. When the weather uncharacteristically remains hot and still, this is what we Californians refer to as Earth Quake Weather. Luckily, in this case it ended up being a misnomer.

As of just 2 weeks back (it's the first of December now), the nip finally made it into the air. That's when I realized that I barely have any jackets, and wondered why I just canNOT find any cute sweaters. Do sweaters and the word "cute" not belong in the same sentence? I'm starting to think so.

So I went out with a very good friend on Black Friday, on a quest for jackets and sweaters. Luckily for me, I found a very cute white Kenneth Cole jacket (with a hood- score!). Unluckily for me, sweaters + cute = 0, zip, zilch, NADA. But I DID buy a pair of leg warmers. (Both my friend and I are 80s lovers; maybe that's why we get along so well!)

The other night I was walking outside of a supermarket with this outfit on. I love when I feel dressed appropriately. Bundled in my jacket, legs warm, a slight soothing nip in the air, and the smell of Christmas pine trees. It made me thirsty for some warm apple cider or hot chocolate. Perfect!

0 comments: