Monday, September 19, 2011

Project Four-Zero: 26 Weeks!

Inspired by a photo found on Pinterest


Hallelujiah!  I'm cured!

Wait - I'm cured????

Really????

Now what??

This pretty much expresses my train of thought this week as my prenatal doctor told me to stop the gestational diabetes program after viewing my outstanding blood results from last week.  So I'm cured?  I don't know...  I didn't think it was even a possibility.

So I plan to at least go to my last gestational diabetes appointment, and then call this diabetes thing donezo.  This ordeal has definitely been an eye-opening experience.  I've learned a lot about food and plan to continue to diet (well maybe like 80% of the time to be quite honest) even after the pregnancy is over.  I've also grown and changed a lot due to the GD.  I can't believe that I've gotten used to pricking myself, and I've actually caught myself WANTING to prick just out of curiosity.  I know right?  What have you done with Shirley?!  Bring her back!

As the belly grows this week, so do the long nights of tossing and turning.  And you can almost FORGET about me picking anything up off the floor.  I just .... can't..... do.... it. 

SYMPTOMS:
Short of breath after minor activities


CRAVINGS:
Bananas anyone?
I've also caught myself eating just to eat.  Bag of Ranch Doritos anyone?  I need to stop that.

Hahaha!  Almost as good as the viral one of the squirrel on the internet.  If only Qori was looking at the camera!

2 comments:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so surprised that you're cured, but surprised in a good way. Imagine, with your having to eat convenience foods and such while you are dealing with construction, and now you're cured? ha. Wonderful!

SimplyShirley08 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Sarbear I'm convinced the White Castle burgers cured me. LOL!