A bright orb in the sky shot it's light rays through my window this morning. After weeks of heavy rain, drizzlies, and fog it was a welcome change. Diego was sleeping by my side making his usual grunts indicating that it was almost feeding time. As I got up to begin my morning pumping and enjoy the vitamin D in the form of UV rays, I thought about what a difference today was in comparison to the day Diego was born (cold, rainy, and windy).
Today was Diego's "unbirthday". For 9 months, I had but one date on my mind: February 13th, 2010, the day before Valentine's Day. I was almost certain he would be born either on or around that date. I never imagined that he'd actually come much, much sooner on 1/20/2010.
He is now almost 1 month old on his unbirthday (1/2 a week away) and these are his milestones:
- His umbilical cord fell off (I threw it away, to my mother's dismay)
- He can now lift his head up when he's on his stomach
- He has found his inner voice (and it's loud!)
- His newborn outfits are fitting a bit snug, so he has graduated to 0-3month clothing. He's filling out; his new nickname is "cheeks".
- He's already shown to be a ladies man: He was invited to a 5 yr old girl's birthday party which happened to be today (he's not going unfortunately because he's too young to be around the germies). He also had company a couple weeks ago; a 6 week old cougar (j/k) named Zoe who had come over so that my sister could take photos of her. They hit it off well.
I'm still getting used to all the "new stuff" too. And I'm chugging along OK. I figure as long as he's warm, fed, diaper is changed, and he gets his love and attention, things can't be so bad right? So happy "unbirthday" to you... my son!