Tater turned 14 months the other day and I'm hoping this month will keep trending for the better. Since we've been back from vacation, Tater has been pretty calm after work, and not as needy. Say what? I know, huh?!
I can recall peaceful moments of me sitting on the couch or even walking by him, without setting off his "I NEED YOU TO CARRY ME MAMA!"- Alarm, which got pretty bad while we were in Peru (I blame grandparents spoiling him). It could be that he's still settling in from our long trip, but I'm SO hoping that this calmness is here to stay.
OTHER TATER TIDBITS
- You like pretending to talk on the phone and answer the phone saying, "Ball?". We played phone on the plane to Peru and the flight attendant called us out, thinking we were actually on the phone. LOL
- You started running; Well it's more of a cautious jog, but you're having fun playing chase with your brother.
- You started saying "Wow-Wow" when you see dogs (just like your brother used to). And you REALLY missed Qori while we were gone. You can't stop hugging him these days.
- You almost had a tantrum over a banana in Peru and as I went to get you one, I swear I heard you say "Banana". My cousin heard it too. That's a hard word!
- You still occasionally wake up at 2am crying, but I give you some time and then you fall back asleep. I think once you have a solid track record of sleeping through the night, we're going to
forceinvite your brother to start sleeping in the room with you instead of with us.
- You're really into climbing things now. You stealthily climbed the stairs in Peru while your Grandma and I were shooting the breeze. We didn't even know that you'd made it all the way up there. Your dad had to tell us as he was awoken by two little devils that barged into the room while he was sleeping. Yikes!
- You're getting it! You're starting to understand. When I asked you where your shoes were, you looked down at your bare feet. When I tell you to close the kitchen cabinets, you close them. When I tell you to give me a kiss, you lean over.