Monday, August 13, 2012

8 months!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
The other day as I reached my house, I realized I had drifted off into thought and wonder for maybe 15 minutes while driving home from my parents' house.  It was one of those moments when you snap back to regular consciousness while driving and think to yourself, "Oh my!  How did I get all the way over here already?  Did I really just drive all the way here?"

It's a 15 minute drive from my parents' house.  15 minutes!  The two smaller organisms in the car had been quiet enough to allow me to drift off into thought for 15 minutes.  Not a peep was made.  Not a cry, or a giggle, or a moan.  Complete silence!  This means that at 8 months, Mateo is FINALLY a good car baby! It's so refreshing to know that the worst (in terms of car rides) is now over! 

Other Tater Tidbits
  • You said "Mama"!  You said "Mama"!  You said "Mama"!
  • You've been going to sleep earlier around 7:30 or 8 pm.  But you still wake up at least once in the night at 3am.
  • You pretty much hold your own bottle, so every morning I give it to you while you're laying in your crib and it allows me to have more time to get ready in the mornings
  • I started giving you Gerber puff treats and it's fun to watch your hand/eye coordination.  The puffs don't always make it in your mouth though.
  • You're not crawling yet, but according to my notes your brother started after two weeks of completing 8 months, tick-tock!
  • Grandma scoffed when I tried to give your brother a mohawk, but she thinks a mohawk rather suits your face frame

Mama's 8-mos Tidbits
  • Still no luck on the increased lactation front.  It's actually gone down from producing 8oz. a day to 6 oz.  I'm feeling like it's almost time to call it quits.
  • I finally bit the bullet and bought a video monitor for the nursury, and I'm so glad I finally did.
  • My hair continues to be cooperative regarding frizziness, but oh my it is soooo thin :(

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

1 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Tater Tidbits <-- Love the title!
I just want to kiss those dimples!