Monday, August 15, 2011

Project Four-Zero: 21 Weeks



It's weird for me to be saying this but, this week my Gestational Diabetes counselor was rejoicing because I had gained weight. 4.5 lbs in the last 4 weeks that I've seen her - to be exact. I guess the extra mayo and avocados are doing the trick. My husband I and were talking the other night and discussed the fact that I look like I'm ready to pop. Neither of us can remember how big I was at this point in time during Diego's pregnancy, but we're pretty sure that I'm bigger now.

My belly-button is already looking like it's going to pop out (it didn't pop out for Diego's pregnancy) and I'm only 1/2 way there now. This is very concerning to me because of two reasons I've mentioned before:
  1. Pushing out a big baby
  2. My previous history of fainting at around the 7-month mark, when laying on my back or reclined (due to the baby putting pressure on my vena cava).  These faint spells have shown the tendency to involve me in serious car accidents so I'm really worried.
So now that I've made the counselor happy this round, I think I'm going to cool it on the mayo and avocados for the second round.  Although, they taste soooooo good! Yummy!

SYMPTOMS:
"Wake-you-in-the-middle-of-the-night" foot cramps & dry mouth

CRAVINGS:
Orange Juice - which I shouldn't have but I sneak in a few sips here and there.



0 comments: