Happy Halloween! I trust that everyone enjoyed their Halloween and got lots and lots of candy! This Halloween coincided with my 32nd week of pregnancy, and although I've been sick and tired I couldn't let it stop me from including some Halloween spirit in my project Four-Zero photo of the week! I just love group costumes and I'm going to milk it until the day that my kids don't want to anymore out of pure embarrassment!
Although Halloween is all good and fun, this 32nd week has actually been a little tough (although not nearly as tough as last week). The main thing is my health:
- I'm STILL sick, trying to get over this cold. I think I caught 2 viruses back to back, seriously. My ear is plugged right now. I think that's a good sign because the congestion in my head is descending?
- My blood glucose is on the rise again according to my latest blood test results, although I'm still barely within the normal range at 5.5.
- According to my pediatrician I'm also a little anemic now (go figure with this damn gestational diabetes diet I can barely eat anything) so she prescribed iron pills.
- I'm really tired all the time (probably due to any one of the three previous bullets - take your pick)
- There was one day I was really craving a nice, sugary ice cream or even a Slurpie! But I didn't.
- I've surprisingly been able to curb my candy cravings nicely with the Halloween candy all over my work and house
- Food, any kind of food. I don't really care what it is. At times I felt like I might be eating out of boredom, which anyone will tell you is BAD so I've had to keep an eye on that!
- "Me Escapa" moments. Too embarassing to write about but it's in the video below (Fast Forward to 7:40 on the video).
- My pee has darkened this week to the point that it's now orange like a pumpkin. Just in time for Halloween! You may now commence all the jokes about how much Halloween spirit I have "on the inside".
- Just plain drained of energy
- Extreme Dry Mouth and not just when I sleep. I've been lugging a cup of water with me everywhere I go, and I'm not even that thirsty.