Friday, July 20, 2012

Perspective: Rough Night

Photobucket
1:30 A.M.  The sleep train finally arrives.
I had a rough night last night while experiencing the "joys" of motherhood to two boys and sleep deprivation.  It was the domino effect of Child A not wanting to sleep, Child B waking up crying due to Child A,  Adult A home alone as the caretaker, and Adult B coming home at midnight being generally loud and instigating the vicious non-sleeping, crying cycle all over again!  I felt alone in the parenting role; no- worse- because "alone" would have been fine.  I could've handled feeling alone, but the fact that Adult B made things worse - well THAT got under my skin.

I had a rough night, and frankly I woke up pissed off and running off of 4 hours of sleep (give or take).  I had to get ready for work and dropping off the children and EVERYONE was asleep.  Adult B was snoring which caused me to feel a mixture of jealousy and hate.  I'm being brutally honest with my feelings and emotions here.  I had a rough night...

BUT


Life always finds a way of putting things in perspective for me at just the right time.  While I had the luxury of taking the photo above and posting it on Instagram at 1:30 in the morning to bitch and complain about what a rough night I was having; it turns out that other people in Colorado were literally having the worst night ever.  In learning the news this morning of the Batman Screening Rampage, my feelings of anger were suddenly squashed and the new emotions of pity and sadness, respect and love began to refill my heart.  It was further nurtured after learning of a child victim.  A CHILD victim!

I don't care if a man marries a man.  I don't care.
I don't care if you choose to circumsize your child or pierce their ears.  I don't care.
I don't care whether you believe in God or nothing at all.  I don't care.
That's your prerogative...

But once you cross the line of deliberately inflicting unnecessary pain, and possibly death, unto another person.  Well - then I CARE.  What gives you the right to determine another persons' time on this earth?  Who are you to terrorize people that you don't even know just because you can't get your own life together?  Nobody... That's who you are... Nobody.

And sadly nobody is anybody.  Anybody could terrorize anybody off a whim.  It's just the world we live in, and that's why life is too short to be stuck in a state of anger for too long.  I'm not saying that Adult B is getting a hall pass.  I'm just saying that it turns out that I didn't have such a rough night after all.

Life is too short - Shirley 

0 comments: