Thursday, February 17, 2011

Migration of the Puffer Fish


I was sure that Diego would fall asleep early last night. The minutes turned to hours and as soon as I knew it, it was already 10 pm. My husband was asleep, snoring on the couch. I zoned-out on my laptop reading blogs.

I snapped out of it when I heard Diego chuckling and laughing with delight. He was actually playing with Qori. He's learned how to throw stuff (which can be dangerous). He used to try to throw things before, but he would let go too early and the toy would end up behind him. But now that he's actually launching things, he has perked the attention of my retriever, for which the name implies.

They were playing with a puffer fish toy I thought I'd over-paid for at Target. It was about $10 for a pack of 10 bath toys that squirt water when you squeeze them. I figured a dollar per toy was a good price at first but when I came home I found some toys were damaged with holes, so they didn't squirt. The toys that were undamaged were hard to get water into because the squirt hole was too small. The toys have since somehow migrated from the bathroom, to the living room, and now to a certain retriever's mouth.

0 comments: