Monday, February 14, 2011

Time for Valentine?



It's funny to think about the fact that for a minute, I was seriously considering naming my son Valentino. His due date was estimated for February 13th, and I thought: if I could just hold him in for 1 day.....

Unfortunately, I couldn't even hold him in for one month. He was born January 20th, and I'm glad that Valentino was not our ultimate choice in name.

Nonetheless, he is still one of my Valentine's this year (next to my husband and my dog), and I'm in LOVE. Since I HATE going to restaurants on Valentine's Day, we are going to have dinner at my parent's place. While Diego took his nap earlier, I fixed my eye makeup (something I haven't done in weeks). I constantly worry about letting myself go, which is probably why I went to the park last week in heeled boots. My sister joked that she looked like the mother in her sweats.

Not only am I afraid of letting myself go, but letting my house go as well. Everyone says "sleep when the baby sleeps" but now that he's a toddler, I clean, cook, and shower when the baby sleeps. I had a very interesting conversation with one of Diego's aunts. She said that she let her house go when she had her son (who is now 4). I wonder if the son is just a scapegoat. To this day, I have barely been in her house. Each time we stop by her place, we awkwardly "hang out" and "chat" right at their doorstep or on the curb.

That is the LAST thing I want to end up in. That's why today I'm making time for Valentine's.


0 comments: