Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My two loves...

I've been so wrapped up in my own issues these past few days that I'd forgotten to take a moment and think about OTHER "people", like - Oh, I don't know, MY OWN SON and MY DOG.  This week that passed was Diego's 15 month check in and yesterday was Qori's birthday!

Diego's height and head circumference measured above the 90th percentile according to the doctor's stats.  I mean, I know he's going to be a candidate for the NBA, but now I've confirmed my other suspicion - "Boy got a big ol' head!!!!"  No wonder I ripped... was that just TMI?  Oh well, it's the truth, and you get nothin' but the truth here on Golden Dreemz.




The doctor started asking me about Diego's speech skillz.

"Does he say any words yet?" No.
"Does he understand when you tell him to do something?" Sort of
"If you were to ask him to go get his shoes, would he?"  No.

So she recommended that I buy the book, Good Night Moon, which I did in both English and Spanish (Buenas Noches Luna).  And we are scheduled to return in 6 weeks to see if there is any progress.  I feel like a mom whose been told on.  "She's not doing her job!  She's supposed to be reading to her son!  It's her fault that he's not talking yet."  Truthfully, I've tried.  He only cares about flipping the pages and touching different parts of the book.  It's only been a few days, but I've incorporated it into our routine and persevere even if he could care less to pay attention.  I just know that at some point before six weeks, when I say "Where's the mouse?" he will coherently and happily point to the little mouse on the page.



Yesterday was my little Qori's 6th birthday.  I gave him extra affection and table scraps that day, and we went for a nice hike over the weekend with the entire family.  I feel like I've been neglecting Qori especially since Diego has come into the picture.  A few days ago I had a nightmare that there was some type of bomb alert and I was on the top floor of a hotel with Qori and Diego.  In scrambling to get out of the hotel, I realized part way that I had left Qori behind.  The good news is that I went back to find him.  So that is what I'm doing now.  I'm going back to find my big lump of fur, because he's there in my heart; I just haven't been good at showing it lately.


2 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ethan has my huge head. He is in the 80% percentile. I'm not the greatest mom when it comes to reading. I wish I could find the time to do it everyday. When I do read, I try and read about 5 books. The rawr story cracked me up. We keep our carseat in the middle.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey! Thanks for stopping by Pretty Little Life :) I'm totally enjoying reading your blog and watching all your videos!

I'm so sorry that your doctor seemed concerned with Diego. That's not a good feeling! I'm no expert, and I don't know your son, but after listening to your video, I'm pretty sure he's a perfectly normal little guy! When children are bilingual, they generally take a little longer to develop their language skills (but when they do, watch out! He'll be able to tell you "no" in three different languages!! Ahhh!)

I think he's adorable, and I hope that you don't stress out too much!