Friday, June 17, 2011

BRAT-A-TOUILLE!



Yesterday's post was on a very serious topic, so today I'm lightening up and talking about something more light-hearted and fun like spoiling your bratty child!  Who doesn't love to do that???

Hubby and I jumped onto Craigslist the other day and scored a beautiful, solid redwood play structure for our backyard that we are in the middle of "remodeling".  Well it wasn't really for the backyard, it was for our spoiled BRAT-a-touille (that's my nickname to him when he's acting like a brat), Diego!  I think we got a good deal for it at 500 big ones; hubby talked them down from 650.  I'm lucky that my hubby is in construction, so he was prepared with his van, ready to dismantle the structure, and rebuild it in our backyard.

And like any child would, Diego LOVED it!  He's still too young to be able to play on it unattended, and we need at least two adults to watch him:  one for the top of the slide and the other to catch him at the bottom, because that slide is INTENSE.  I took some high-speed continuous shots of him going down the slide and halfway down the slide his face came out a bit nervous in the shots, but trust me, by the time he reached the bottom of that slide, he was all grins and laughter!

The face of a happy, BRAT-a-touille!








3 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think you scored a great deal! I love Brat-A-Touille's face! So cute!

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lucky boy! That structure is amazing. :)

SimplyShirley08 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Sarbear Thanks! Diego really liked it too. He was on that thing all day on Father's Day. :) I hope you are well!