Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Four-Zero Project: Week 13



It's the end of my first trimester, yay! It's been a week full of finger pricking, dieting, giving back to the community, surprise retirement party planning for my dad, Father's Day planning and so much more! Oh yeah - did I throw in actually "paying the bills"-work in there too? So far, I am coping with this whole gestational diabetes thing, but I find it hard to keep up with my schedule lately.

Last week I had at least three appointments, and then I found out that I totally forgot to bring Diego to his pediatrics appointment! Robbed of another "Mother of the Year" award! Now with the finger pricking, I completely lose track of time when I'm supposed to prick 1 hour after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and once in the morning after fasting through the night. I really need to get my life back on track; I'll figure it out somehow. Knowing me, it will consist of constant alarms, calendars, and to-do lists.

Aside from the pricking, I've had a good week. At work, we were enjoying a company sponsored week of giving back to the community, and I helped my group pack oranges and rice (not together, lol!). It was the day before I was scheduled for a 1:1 with my boss where I planned to let my baby secret out to her. As I stood there and listened to what we were to do, I worried about the part where we needed to lift the boxes of oranges onto a crate. I danced around the issue, and strategically placed myself in a corner so that I wouldn't look like I was too lazy to pick up boxes. Luckily, after awhile the men in our group took on their primal roles, and self-appointed themselves as the official box-lifters. Whew! Saved.

The next day came, and I'm happy to say that my boss now knows that I'm prego and she was very happy to hear it. Now I'm getting ready to tell the rest of the family and "shout it on the mountain" via FaceBook. My sister helped me take some pictures of Diego over the weekend, and I'm working on a little picture project to tell the family. You'll see it here on my blog too when it's ready.

As a thank you to the week of community activities, my company (consecutively rated one of the best places to work) threw a benefit concert. They do it every year. The talent is always a surprise, and rumors circulate around the conference rooms throughout the week. In the past we've seen Bob Dylan, The Eagles, The Black-Eyed Peas, The Foo Fighters, The Counting Crows, Natasha Beddingfield.... This time it was Chris Daughtry, Sheryl Crow, and Maroon 5!

Here are some pics of the sponsored event, aka Diego's first concert. I probably took one too many photos of Adam Levine's Ass! LOL! Yup, it was a GOOD week!













CRAVINGS:
What does it matter.  I'm not allowed to eat anything delicious anymore anyway!

SYMPTOMS:
Nothing much!  I'm glad to say!

1 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awww Diego looks like he enjoyed himself at the concert. What fun!