Monday, April 16, 2012

Cousin Face Time

Photobucket

Diego spent some face time with his 6 year old cousin this weekend.  We went to an awesome park near his cousin's house that had a train, carousel, AND a petting zoo!  Too bad we didn't make it there in time for the petting zoo  (sad face).  But Diego had fun nonetheless!  Look how many smiles I was able to get on the record (except the train; he HATED the train ride for some reason even though he loves trains - look at his shirt!).  His little brother Mateo was asleep throughout the entire park experience. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket After the park, we had dinner at the local Elephant Bar.  Dinner was delicious, but by the time we made it back to the city my stomach was aching.  Hubby was worried because after I nursed Mateo for his last nurse of the night, I placed him in his bassinet and I crawled up into a ball.  I was in so much pain that I couldn't coddle Mateo to sleep.  I heard him next to me, crying.  It was heart-breaking, but I knew he could fall asleep on his own.  And he did.

But it still reminded me how important the mommy role is.  I'm not allowed to have a down day.

Feeling better now! - Shirley


PS.  A few years ago, his cousin hated taking pictures.  Now look at him!  He was basically posing for every photo!

0 comments: