Friday, May 11, 2012

Fashion Friday 5/11/2012 - Juicy Flaws

Linking up with Girlymama for Fashion Fridays!

I was sick the previous week and also just plain uninspired when it came to fashion these past couple of weeks.  It probably has something to do with the tight purse strings that I've had lately as we try to finish our house remodel  (no shopping sprees.  Boo!).  If you're wondering, this is my excuse for being MIA on the fashion front and why I'm only sharing 2 looks this week.
Photobucket
It was hot in the Bay Area this week and something inspired me to be brave and show off one of my flaws:  My boney ankles!  God how I hate them.  I normally only wear these jeans with knee high boots, but you know what?  I've seen worse ankles!  Maybe it's not so bad.  I probably shouldn't have worn such a ruffley/bulky top which was dis-proportioned against my super slender bottom.  Fashion lesson learned.  I probably should've also painted my toenails, but while having a baby in the house, the painting of nails has gone completely out the window :(
Photobucket
This is me today.  I need something comfy on Fridays because I spend my lunch running errands which includes taking my toddler to his speech therapy appointment.  Enter black ballerina flats.  The jacket is Juicy Couture which I have never worn and has been gathering dust in my closet for over a year!  I bought it at my fave: Nordstrom Rack for 40% off the last marked price and paid 80 big ones for it.  The heart necklace is Coach.  I guess today I'm rockin' somewhat of a designer-brand look!



Waiting for my next paycheck! - Shirley

0 comments: