Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DIY: Xmas Canvases

CanvasBefore
XmasCanvasAfter

This is something that I HAD to do to add some special Xmas spirit in my house.  I took the same concept from this tutorial - only I gave it an Xmas spin with a few of my favorite Xmas photos.  Now I have canvases that I can put up each year, and my plan is to add at least one new one each year to build memories. The best part was that Michael's was having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on these canvases which were $7.99 each (regular price). Score!

XmasCanvasAfter3
XmasCanvasAfter2

P.S.  I'm thinking that I really like the black borders and I'm going to paint all my non-Xmas canvases with a black border now.

P.S.S.  I also learned that you really should use a printer that uses toner.  I forgot to flip the picture of me and my baby belly so that the words would come out right.  I didn't notice until I got home, so I had to reprint the flipped picture on my HP Air Print printer at home which does not use toner.  The ink came off very easily (which you do not want) so I ended up not processing that picture as much because it started to look more like a water-color photograph. 

P.S.S.S.  I wasn't expecting to have such a committed crafting partner in this project - Hell - I wasn't expecting to have a crafting partner, period.  

XmasCanvasHelper 


-Shirley

0 comments: