Happy Birthday Tater!
Today you've been blessing me with your dimples for 1 whole year! Today you join your brother into the wonderful toddler world. I'm so excited about this! My Tater is a tot! This month had very special milestones. At the beginning of this month, I handed you a wheeled walker and you just took off running! And just 3 days ago you officially started walking on your own (cutting it a little close to your birthday, no?). We also celebrated your cookie monster birthday early and you thought it was deeee-licious!
OTHER TATER TIDBITS
- You do this whiney grunt and point to things you want.
- You still put everything you can find in your mouth. When will this oral fixation end? You even found an old pacifier and decided to give it a go for old time's sake
- Our funnest time together is tap dancing. You love tap dancing and shuffling!
- Your aunt thought I'd made a mistake when I told her that you wear a size 6 shoe (so she could do some birthday shopping). She took one look at the massive shoe at the store and bought something else since I had "clearly made a mistake"
- You started climbing things but you still don't realize what it means to fall. There's been a lot of "redecorating" at the house.
- You decapitated the nativity calf under the tree.
- You totally love Qori. Sometimes I think you two need to get a room!
- Qori loves you too. Especially since you started sharing your food with him this month.
- You've been more cuddley this month. It's like you're trying to entice me to want you to stay a baby instead of turning into a tot.
- You love exploring the fridge. The other day I left it open for a few minutes while I was cooking. I later found an onion with little bite marks on it.
- You've discovered and have become addicted to the adrenaline rush of a good game of Chase
- You started standing up during bath time. I'm not sure if you're picking this up from you co-partner in bathtime crimes: Diego (who always stands in the bath).
Here are some pics on how Tater's First Birthday party went down:
|Tater is stunned: Who are these decorations for?|
|Mama: "Go ahead, go wild! I'll clean later." Boys: "What is this? It feels gross; I'll pass"|
|And they finally start to bite, not always just the cake though.|
|At first, Grandpa couldn't help but notice a resemblance to Adolf. Then you went and gave yourself the devil's goatee. Of course you did.|
|Tater shows us how he keeps his immune system strong.|
|Diego blows out his brother's candle prematurely and we all have a good laugh and then try again.|
|Mateo enjoys his party while Qori helps with the gift wrap and big bro Diego is a self-appointed attacker of all helium balloons!|
Happy Birthday Tater Tot! - Shirley