Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Yes, those are real candy canes, and yes they did end up in his mouth a couple of times.

 Merry Christmas Eve!  For us Latinos, today is the big day.  We party until the break of dawn, play Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad" at full volume at the stroke of midnight, dance, and finally open our gifts before the party ends.  Yup, those are basically my plans for tonight, and I get to enjoy it with Mateo in my arms.

It's been a little over a week since Mateo was born.  Since then we've continued to battle with possible jaundice.  He's been to the pediatrician three times, and I've brought him in for blood tests 3 times.  Pobrecito... Poor baby!  Those blood tests are harsh; taking a lot of blood out of such a tiny little foot.  Luckily, his bilirubin levels finally started to go down a couple of days ago so again, we dodged having to take him back to the hospital for photo-therapy. 

We've had a few typical rough newborn nights, once in the hospital and then two times at home.  But now we're slowly getting into a regular routine.  He doesn't really full-on cry in the nights anymore, and I truly believe it's because of the formula supplement that I was against giving him at first.  It keeps him full until the next feeding. 

Mateo is a calm baby for the most part, but it's only been a week.  I can't remember when Diego became the constantly crying baby that I knew him to be, but I'm expecting Mateo to follow in suit eventually.  Speaking of Diego, he is quite a handful!  He loves his brother very much.  He gives him kisses on his head and says "brother" and pats him on his head.  But when Diego demands attention, he DEMANDS attention!  Tonight, I'm giving my boys equal attention!  I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!




Merry Christmas (Eve)!!! - Shirley

1 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the pictures of Diego giving Mateo a kiss! Awwww my heart melts...

What a fantastic smile Mateo has!

Have a great holiday! Much love!