Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Project Four-Zero: 38 Weeks!

The great thing about a silhouette photo is that you don't need to do hair, makeup, or wardrobe for the shoot.  I call this the maternity mullet:  Business in the front; party on the side :)  Weighing in at just about 150 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been.
Holy Cow!  We've made it to 38 Weeks!  I'm deep into uncharted territory now.  I was worried that Mateo would come around 36 weeks, yet he has proven to be a man of his own volition.  At first I wasn't really sure when I actually wanted him to come.  Part of it was selfishness:  for every day that he came early is a day I would lose in my maternity leave.  But the other part of me does not want to reach December 21st or go beyond that because I don't want Christmas to overshadow his birthday.  So I am torn.  And I've finally decided that since he's given me at least 2 weeks of my 4 week preparation maternity time, he can now come when he's good and ready (he always had that autonomy obviously)  I've decided that December 10th is a pretty good day to give birth.  That's a nice, even number like Diego: January 20th.  I guess we'll see what numbers Mateo prefers!

The other night during one of my 2am wakes, and a jabbing pain in my tummy,  I grabbed my phone and started researching the signs of going into labor.  My only past experience with labor is my water breaking (which is an obvious sign) and then going straight into normal contractions.  If my water didn't break, how would I know the difference between Braxton Hicks and real contractions?  Answer:  Braxton Hicks are on irregular timing and not as painful as real contractions (that second part is according to my doctor).

On the gestational diabetes front, there have been some strange, yet welcome happenings.  My numbers have been low or normal.  I've been able to re-incorporate rice into my dinner and splurge on a few sugary cravings here and there without it really affecting my numbers.  I feel like a normal person again.  Of course I haven't been over-indulging.  I'm still eating cautiously because if there's anything that GD has shown me, it's that the numbers could spike at any moment.

SYMPTOMS
The usual:  inability to sleep through the night
Occasional and light, jabbing, menstrual-like cramps

CRAVINGS
My husband spoiled me and got me the Crumb Donettes from the convenience store one night
Another night I had a Starbucks Decaf Caramel Macchiato (with Splenda) and it was AWESOME!
I snuck in a few spoonfuls of my husband's Strawberry Haagen Dazs ice cream. Shhhhhh!






Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

0 comments: