Thursday, December 8, 2011

I "HEART" Bokeh

ISO 1600; F 2.0; 1/25 Sec

The other day I tried my hand at the heart bokeh technique that I saw on Pinterest.  I'm not going to go too much into a tutorial because this site does it so well.

Just a few things I noticed:
  • It was soooooo much easier to do this in manual mode.
  • The farther your subject is from lights, the cooler the bokeh
  • Lazy pooches are easier practice subjects than hyper-active toddlers
  • You'll need a lens with the lowest f-stop or aperture number.  I used my 50 mm which goes all the way down to f 1.8

ISO 1600; F 2.0; 1/25 Sec

ISO 100; F 2.0; 0.3 sec

ISO 3200; F 2.0; 1/60 Sec


  
Happy that I possibly got a Christmas card pic out of the session - Shirley
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pretty awesome, I must say.

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are great, I especially love the first one of Qori. This would be a great idea for setting up a tripod and getting a picture of you and your husband with the hearts in the background. I might have to try it too! :)

-Sara-

SimplyShirley08 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Sarbear I like your idea! You should try it too! :)