Not even the dog.
You still need to work on sharing your
OTHER 3YR DD TIDBITS
- About a month ago you started asking for shows specifically by name. Your favorite requests are: "Captain Hook" (Jake and the Neverland Pirates), "Gabba-Gabba" (Yo-Gabba-Gabba), and "Bubble Guppies".
- You imitate everything now. Your dad loves making you say, "Mama farted". Your grandpa likes to make you say "Brother's crazy" or "Brother's Gordo (FAT)" and I love to hear you say "soda" for some reason. You seem to say it with an accent, a drawl, AND a lisp! I love it!
- You also said your name about a month ago. You pronounced it very clearly while imitating me DEE-AY-GO, but when I asked you what your name was you said "Eggo" (we don't even eat waffles) and now you often speak in the third person.
- You play with your dinos and Godzilla the most out of all your toys. You identify the T-Hex (T-Rex), Ty-haha-TOPS (Triceratops), and Diplodicus (OH-kiss). And watch Deee-Ho Dan (Dino Dan) at your grandapa's house.
- Your terrible two's seems to have calmed down although I've already been warned by other mothers that it lasts through 3 years too.
- At some point in the middle of your 2 years, you started getting shy around strangers, which is a good thing. I noticed it one day on the elevator.
- You no longer wake up at 6am like before. I have to wake you in the mornings now, and I've clocked you up to 9:30 am on weekends occasionally. Too bad for me that your little brother still gets up a 6 on the dot!
- You take one 2-3hr nap a day. Usually starting around 2 or 4pm.
- You love to drink instant Ramen soup and specifically ask for it. I moderate though. You'll get enough of that in college while on the starving student diet.
DD SOUND BITES:
THINGS YOU'LL HEAR DIEGO SAY AROUND THE HOUSE
"I did it!" (while winning a game on his Kindle)
"Dada, help" (when he can beat a game on his Kindle)
"Dada did it!" (when Dada wins a game for him on his Kindle)
"No brother... Nooooooo" (when little brother tries to touch his Kindle)
"Here brother, brother. Take this" (when he's giving his brother something instead of the Kindle)
"Watch Hook" (when he wants to watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
"Eggo fell down" (when he falls down)
"kee-cho-cho!!!!!" (Spanish translation for "Cochino": Dirty boy! when he farts on cue. Such a boy. So gross)
"Mama! Mia" (trying to say Mama Mira - which means Mama, look!)
Me calling brother: "Mateoooooo!"
Diego imitates but can't say his name: "Brodahhhhhh!"
Me calling him again: "Matayto - Potatoooooo!"
Diego imitating: "Brodahhhh-Brodahhhhhhhhhh!"
AN INTERVIEW WITH DIEGO:
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
DO YOU LOVE MAMA?
DO YOU LOVE DADA?
DO YOU LOVE SHARKS?
WELL THEN, WHO DO YOU LOVE?