Monday, May 2, 2011

The Dream vs. The Reality

THE DREAM:

The first of May hit, and like clockwork the sun made it's debut in the Bay Area.  It was finally the perfect beach day!  I wish I could tell you that the day was perfect, and that nothing went wrong, and show you all these pictures of our AWESOME day!











THE REALITY:

The truth is that we made the most of the day, and Diego was a champ.  But he's been teething, and while I can feign happiness with all that's written on a blue-striped T-shirt [Happy Camper].  The truth is - Diego had bouts during the day where he was definitely NOT living up to his T-shirt.  Diego is teething, and I believe it's his molars, which I've heard are more painful, and he barely ate for 2 days.    We filled him up with ice cream, yogurt, and ice cubes.  If I'd have bothered to open my "What to Expect" emails, I would have learned that right about now (15 mos) is the time that they start coming in. It's so sad to see my little man in pain, so I gave him some baby Tylenol this morning before heading to the sitter's.





2 comments:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh poor Diego! Ethan has been teething too. He does soooo bad with getting teeth. My latest motto has been "Teething is the pits"!

Jessica Jollyjess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Update Ethan is getting all 4 molars right now. I'm about to go berserk!