Friday, May 20, 2011

Milestones Day!

There's a lot going on today, and it's unfortunate that today has been one of my physically worst days of my new pregnancy to date.  I really don't know what's going on.  I guess I'm in the middle of experiencing an ALL DAY morning sickness.  I guess we should rename it to All Day-sickness.  I never had morning sickness with Diego!  Speaking of which, today he turns 16 months!

Lucky for me, it's Friday so I'll have a little time to recuperate over the weekend.  Unlucky for me, I'm at work right now and I have a 2-hr meeting that's scheduled to run at least until 4:30 pm, so there'll be no sneaking out early for me (**sad face).  Even worse is that today is my mother's birthday and the family decided to go out to dinner tonight at the last minute.  I thought I had more time, because we were planning to celebrate over the weekend.

So during my lunch break today in addition to feeling a great urge to vomit, I had to jump in my car and go shopping for my mother's birthday present.   Today is also the day that I plan to tell my parents the big news!  It's the best way that I can surprise them and catch them off-guard.

Here's my plan:
  1. Buy two frames.
  2. Put a picture of my mom and Diego in one, and a picture of the new ultrasound in the other.
  3. Photoshop the Diego picture to read:  "Greatest Grandma"
  4. Photoshop the utlrasound picture to read:  "Greatest Grandma: Round 2"
  5. Wrap the frames as a birthday present to my mother
  6. Hand it to her and tell her it's her present from Diego  (just like I did for Mother's Day)
  7. Make her open the Diego picture first, then the ultrasound picture
  8. Sit back, and see if they get it (**fingers crossed)


It might be a little early at 9 weeks, 2 days (or 9 1/2 weeks according to my latest ultrasound), but everything on the two ultrasounds that I've had so far have been positive.  And I really want to catch them with the element of surprise... and I figured I either surprise them this way, or puke in their laps.

Man!  I really need to feel better before tonight!  Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Jessica W said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope your surprise goes well delivered. Feel better! I had all day sickness for the entire pregnancy with both my boys. It's the pits for sure. Atleast the weekend is in arm's reach.