Lucky for me, it's Friday so I'll have a little time to recuperate over the weekend. Unlucky for me, I'm at work right now and I have a 2-hr meeting that's scheduled to run at least until 4:30 pm, so there'll be no sneaking out early for me (**sad face). Even worse is that today is my mother's birthday and the family decided to go out to dinner tonight at the last minute. I thought I had more time, because we were planning to celebrate over the weekend.
So during my lunch break today in addition to feeling a great urge to vomit, I had to jump in my car and go shopping for my mother's birthday present. Today is also the day that I plan to tell my parents the big news! It's the best way that I can surprise them and catch them off-guard.
Here's my plan:
- Buy two frames.
- Put a picture of my mom and Diego in one, and a picture of the new ultrasound in the other.
- Photoshop the Diego picture to read: "Greatest Grandma"
- Photoshop the utlrasound picture to read: "Greatest Grandma: Round 2"
- Wrap the frames as a birthday present to my mother
- Hand it to her and tell her it's her present from Diego (just like I did for Mother's Day)
- Make her open the Diego picture first, then the ultrasound picture
- Sit back, and see if they get it (**fingers crossed)
It might be a little early at 9 weeks, 2 days (or 9 1/2 weeks according to my latest ultrasound), but everything on the two ultrasounds that I've had so far have been positive. And I really want to catch them with the element of surprise... and I figured I either surprise them this way, or puke in their laps.
Man! I really need to feel better before tonight! Wish me luck!